As the worlds first company to sell furniture online, Furniture.com became a leading direct marketer of more than 50,000 selections through an online presence.
Pioneer a simple online furniture purchase process, revolutionize how customers buy furniture, and manage explosive corporate growth in a $178 billion furniture and home furnishings industry.
| ||Lycos Awarded Furniture.com Top 5% Internet Websites. |
Solutions from Butler Global Consulting
- Key contributor to revenue growth from $4.8 million to over $60 million in 1 year.
- Responsible for the development of new technical solutions and the
support of existing applications including daily hands-on management of up to 15 web developers and cross-functional teams.
"Bonnie Jean was instrumental helping us grow from $4.8
million to $60 million in one year, and solved many of
our most complex operational challenges. She is remarkable
and I would hire her again in a minute!"
--Misha Katz, Founder of Furniture.com
- With decision making authority on e-commerce initiatives and execution. The following Internet Features were developed:
Fact Tag Program
Provides accurate, detailed product information for customers including: dimensions, finish, construction, warranty.
- Championed creation and completion of database development and data collection under extreme time restrictions for more than 50,000 products from over 130 vendors including analysis, input and QA.
- Created a high performance team to contact suppliers, negotiate with suppliers to measure dimensions of products, collect and enter data in a database.
- Developed storyboarding screen layout to display this new information. Worked with IT developers for requirements and design functionality.
Deliverable Fact Tag Online Functionality with detailed information about all 50,000 products including dimensions, color, etc. and process to continue data collection as new products are added.
Swatch Program Customers order swatch samples online and receive them by US mail.
- Built high performance, cross-functional team including sales, merchandising, and information technology to integrate into existing business practices.
- Developed storyboarding screen layout and worked with IT developers for feature requirements and design functionality.
Deliverable Fully-functional Swatch Program Department, process and online functionality with detailed information for 80% of upholstered furniture.
Created 3D Photo Studio Customers can view each product at all angles to ensure it meets their expectations.
BonnieJean knows just what to do to make things happen.
She understands the delicate balance between developing, managing
and controlling a new, fast-paced, initiative and gave us
the room to work with our strengths and support us when necessary.
She was a joy to work.
Marcia Lester, Fact Tag Program
- Built multi-million dollar digital photography production studio.
- Developed high performance team with two photographers and an assistant.
- Captured 8-12 angles by rotating furniture. Developed an operational plan for digital production to capture and process images to transfer into a 3D imaging software program.
Deliverable Fully-functional 3D Digital Photo Studio Department, process and online functionality with detailed product information.
Note: To view our Case Studies, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Most browsers come with this free program already installed; however
if you need it, you can download it here.